How To Remove Facebook Timeline And Get Back To Old Profile?
How To Remove Facebook Timeline And Get Back To Old Profile?
Although Value Walk does not discuss pure technology topics, but what I am going to share today is a guide that many of our readers might be looking for. So here it is:
Last year in September at F8 developers conference Facebook unveiled its new layout called the ‘Facebook Timeline’ for all 800 million users on its network, but it wasn’t released publicly to everyone’s profile, so hardly very few Facebook users who knew about it, enabled and used it.
What is Timeline?
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg described it as a way to “share the story of your life on a single page.”
Now that the Timeline has been released for all users. Many users I know personally doesn’t really like it and eagerly wants to revert their new Facebook timeline to an old profile layout. So for the ease of these unhappy users who just want their old profiles back, I am writing this guide.
How To Get Back Your Old Facebook Profile? (This is an out-dated way, try the one posted below this method)
If you are not satisfied with the new look of your Facebook profile called Facebook Timeline, do not worry there is a trick which can allow you to revert back your old Facebook profile.
First of all let me tell you that Facebook has not made its timeline available on the older versions of Internet Explorer that is IE6 and IE7, so if you want to use your old Facebook profile layout then you can simply try these older versions of Internet Explorer.
Secondly there are some browser ‘tricks’ which can help you get back to your old Facebook profile layout.
For Google Chrome:
Right click on the Chrome icon and Select Properties. In the target box, copy and paste the following line of code leaving a space after chrome.exe
For Windows 7 and Windows vista copy and paste:
For the above mentioned Windows you need to download and install this file here. Also install this extension to fix the display glitches. Then type:
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
For Windows XP copy and paste:
And for XP you need to download and install this file here. Also install this extension to fix the display glitches. Then type:
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
Click ‘Apply’ and log in to your Facebook account. Now you will see your Facebook profile being reverted to the old Facebook layout.
For Mozilla Firefox:
Open Mozilla Firefox and install this User Agent Switcher Add-on and restart your browser after the add-on is fully installed, then simply follow the instructions given in the image below:
That’s it, now you can enjoy using your old Facebok profile layout on any browser. And If you have any complications with the methods aforementioned, please feel free to leave a comment in the box below.
For more future guides and updates you can join us on our Facebook page.
Update: Since the above trick has become old now and will not work for many of you, so we recommend that you should not try it.
How To Remove Timeline: An Updated WayFor Google Chrome users:
- Install F.B. Purity browser extension.
- Download this .bat file and save it to your computer.
- Close all open Chrome browser tabs and windows and click on the downloaded .bat file. This will run Chrome as IE7 as its user agent.
- Visit any Timeline profile page and you will see that it is displayed as old style profile page. With this step, we just killed the new Facebook Timeline. Just in case if you want to view the new Timeline instead, then open Chrome from your normal Chrome icon, instead of running the browser from the newly downloaded .bat file.
- Install the F.B. purity browser extension for Firefox.
- Install the “User Agent Switcher” Extension from here.
- Navigate to “Tools > User Agent Switcher > Internet Explorer” menu and then click on “Internet Explorer 7″.
- In case you want to view the new Timeline, then then just set the user agent to “Default User Agent” or simply disable this user agent switcher extension.
- Install the FB Purity browser extension for Opera.
- Setting up custom user agent in Opera is easy. In the URL/address bar, type “opera:config#ISP|Id” and then enter the Custom User Agent string “Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)” and click “Save”.
- Restart your browser and then you will be able to see the old Facebook profile.
- Install the F.B. Purity browser extension for Safari.
- To switch user agent, go to “Preferences” menu, select “Advanced”, and then tick the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” option.
- Click on the page icon menu (which is next to cog wheel icon) and then select the “Develop/User agent” menu. Now you can select the user agent which you wish to set for browsing. Select Internet Explorer 7. Browse to a Timeline profile and you will be able to see your profile in old format.
UPDATE: Both the methods shared above no longer works. In future, if we find anything that can help our readers, we will surely share it here.
As we reported earlier in the above update that will let the readers know about Timeline removal, if we get anything that can help, so here it is:
Note: Facebook has officially turned of this feature, so this is just a trick, not a permanent solution therefore ValueWalk is not responsible for anything that happens with your Facebook profiles after following the below instructions:
Update 3 On Timeline:
Timeline is the most unwanted feature that have ever happened on Facebook. Questions like how can I remove Facebook Timeline and how to revert back to old profile are regularly asked by many people. If you are also thinking the same, then let’s learn how to disable the new Timeline feature and restore the old classic look.
Timeline remover is an extension for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome using which you can view Facebook profile and pages in the old and classic way.
You can download the extension for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Download and install the extension as per the browser that you are using.
After installing this extension, restart your browser. Now open your Facebook Timeline and voila, your old profile is back. Whenever you view yours and other’s profiles, this extension will display the profile in the old style.
In case if you want to view Timeline again, then you can toggle this timeline on and off anytime. This can be done by clicking on the icon from add-on bar in Firefox.
If you cannot view this addon bar, then go to View > Toolbars and click on “Add-on bar” or press the shortcut key Ctrl + /.
By using this extension, you can say bye bye to Facebook’s new Timeline feature in a simple and easy way. This method doesn’t involve any complications as all you need to do is to just install an extension.